Valley Milk, LLC seeks driven, highly skilled individuals to join our world-class drying facility in Turlock, CA.
Position Description: Packaging Operator (Nights)
Mission Statement and Strategy Summary
Valley Milk, LLC is a state-of-the-art powdered milk ingredient processing facility on a 30 acre site in Turlock, CA. The plant is designed for and has capacity to process 2.5 MM pounds of raw milk per day. The company is owned by a highly successful group of dairymen and women and related dairy professionals. Founded in 2014, construction commenced in June 2016. Commercial operations began February 2018.
Valley Milk, LLC’s mission is to be a world class dairy ingredient processor and marketer of premium milk powders with emphasis on quality, food safety, and profitability. Valley Milk, LLC sources 100% of its raw milk requirements from designated dairies owned and operated by the founding families within a 40-mile radius of our plant.
Our marketing strategy is to secure a diverse customer base, including both domestic and international sales to the food and nutrition industry. Export Sales include both existing and emerging markets. We have the flexibility to sell cream and raw milk depending on a defined product mix, driven by customer contracts and market conditions.
The Packaging Operator (Nights) will report to the Production Supervisor.
The Packaging Operator is responsible for operation of automated powder packaging equipment for 25 kg paper bags & bulk bag totes. Operator will be expected to follow GMP guidelines and HACCP protocols to ensure the safe and sanitary packaging of finished product.
**Night Shift Hours/Schedule: 7pm – 5:30am on an Alternative Work Schedule inclusive of a 4×10 schedule**
- Prepares appropriate packaging with correct labeling utilizing stencils, printer, and paper labels from information listed on Packaging Reports, Product Labeling,
Packaging Work Instructions, and Sample products in accordance with the Valley Milk Finished Product Sampling Procedure.
- Complete the sampling schedule during each production run and handle samples properly to avoid contamination.
- Ensure operation of equipment in packaging areas properly fills, seals, places on pallet, removes from packing area.
- Deliver and place palletized finished product in warehouse storage areas using a forklift.
- Visually inspect color and consistency of product throughout the shift and notify the Production Supervisor and/or Dryer Operator if product appears to be out of specifications or compromised in any way.
- Perform daily and weekly housekeeping duties to maintain a clean and sanitary environment in the packaging areas.
- Follow company safety rules and use appropriate PPE, uniform, and safety gear provided.
- Ensure and maintain compliance to all regulatory, food safety, GMPs, EPA, OSHA, FDA, CDFA, and SQF requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete all required annual safety requirements including bloodborne pathogens, lock out/tag out, dust control, etc.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
High School diploma or GED required. Ability to follow written procedures, work instructions, and directions provided by management.
Must complete forklift operator training and be proficient in the use of a forklift within 1 week of employment/training.
Proficient in basic math and reading comprehension.